running scripts within the current c-shell

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at nitckc.usda.gov
Mon Feb 25 15:46:05 CST 2002

It is hard to make the argument either way.  Most of the commercial
vendors ship with ksh as the default.  I worked with a guy who was
100% AIX, and he would swear up and down that nothing compared to
ksh, even when I showed him that bash could do the same thing, and
often the same way.  KSH is a good shell, but it is supported by
one organization.  PDKSH copies the functionality, but I wouldn't
count on that continuing as Commercial UNIX becomes more linux like.
That is the best argument I would give.

--
JD Runyan
Mid-Range Systems Administrator