Digital CD Audio

Lucas Peet lpeet at eccod.com
Sun Feb 24 20:32:36 CST 2002

I recently converted my WinXP box over to RedHat 7.2.  When I put an
audio CD into my drive, it doesn't play.  This is because I don't have
the analog audio output line from my CD-Rom to my sound card.  However,
Windows (2K, XP) have been able to play them without any problem, using
digital CD audio, pulling the audio data through the IDE bus, instead of
the analog output.

Is there any software for Linux that supports this, or will I just need
to put that cable on?  I've tried Noatun, and XMMS, and the KDE CD
Player...none work.

BTW, sound is configured properly, and everything else runs great!

-Lucas