General Audio & CD-R Questions

Steven Hildreth s_p_hildreth at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 20:03:08 CST 2002

Most of the outputs on a turntable are going to be at line level,
meaning they are meant to put inputted into a amp and then amplified to
a listening level. Therefore the RCA jack output on your turntable
should be directly connected to the "LINE IN" on your sound card.

I have used LiteOn (cheap and very reliable) in nearly all of my Linux
Boxes, here is an example:
http://www.googlegear.com/ggweb/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=331603

Priced around $97 for a 32x12x40 is nice.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Steven