Security question

David Nicol nicold at umkc.edu
Wed Feb 20 21:43:20 CST 2002

Brian Densmore wrote:

> Ok there is probably an easy answer to this. How do make a Linux
> filesystem from
> being local mounted and modified by someone using a floppy boot/root
> disk? Is it
> possible? I know this has one possible drawback, if you forget the
> password in, you're
> screwed.
>
> Just curious,
> Brian

You probably want a link to the "file system encryption how-to" but
I'll give you a more practical piece of advice:

Remove or at least disconnect the floppy drive, or even better,
fiddle the BIOS options so the hard drive is the only medium it
will boot off of.

--
           David L Nicol, humble system administrator (816) 235 1187
              "Reconciliation work is both harder and less rewarding