Sendmail

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Feb 20 02:45:38 CST 2002

At 08:10 PM 2/19/02 -0600, Gerald Combs wrote:
>A drop-in replacement for FormMail.pl written in PHP is available at
>http://www.lumbroso.com/scripts/formmail.php.  If you decide to run the
>original Perl version, be sure to get the latest from the worldwidemart
>site - older versions have a pile of security issues.

Formmail.php has been what I've been using . . . glance through the code
and you'll even see my name there . . . giving a little back to the
opensource world.  ;-)

One note:  Make sure you lock down what sites can use the script (any
script for that matter).  I had a little wart that was suddenly trying to
use the script on his Geocities Nazi-crap site.  (Literally!)   I caught
him because he was trying to figure out the script by running it multiple
times from his site with MY email address in it.  DOH!   Not to bright . .
. but I rectified that problem.   Basically make sure that the site
referrer is the right one . . . that'll stop most of them.

-- Bradley Miller