Linux usability [ was: RE: Changing IP Addresses]

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Mon Feb 18 21:49:26 CST 2002

> > Yes, I think I'll have to include RPM in order to comply with the LSB. I
>
> Funny that... I was just reading in Linux Magazine (interview w/Carly
> Fiorina) that Bruce Perens was the originator of this LSB notion... you'd
> have thought he would have favoured .debs!

IMHO Bruce Perens is probably second only to Larry Wall in his ability
to be unterritorial about things other people like to fight over. You
may think that he's territorial in the way he busted "Open Source" out
from the "Free Software" movement, but I'll say this, free software was
a rumour and a myth until he (and others) liberated it thusly.

www.opensource.org

Bruce Perens seems to be the type of fellow who doesn't get dragged
into the "competition" mindset. Just my opinion. As a writer, I
really admire his work.

-Jared