Comcast

Jim Herrmann Jim at ItDepends.com
Fri Feb 15 06:12:39 CST 2002

What Comcast is doing is totally trival to what John Asscroft and his cronies
are doing.  Collecting a little marketing data on people is one thing, but
evesdropping on attorney client conversations is quite another.  I'm not
saying Comcast is just in what they are doing, it's just that there are far
more outrageous and dangerous and unconstitutional violations of civil
liberties going on in the US right now for me to get worked up about.  If you
want to talk about liberty infringement, let's talk about thousands being
jailed and held without being charged with a crime.  Let's talk about the
totally mis-named "PATRIOT" act or the DCMA.  Then we'll be talking about
liberties.
</rant>