MySQL Question

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Feb 13 22:27:32 CST 2002

At 04:05 PM 2/13/02 -0600, Seth Dimbert wrote:
>I guess my question is: how do I create a MySQL database if I don't know the
>right user/password for the database that doesn't exist until I build it?!?

Take a look into the script and see what it's trying to do.  9 out of 10
times, they'll also include a "somename.sql" to create the SQL manually in
your database.  I generally go in, create the database, use an admin
program to creat the sql from the file provided and then roll with it.  You
might look around in the config info for what you are installing --
sometimes you might need to specify a username/password that has the proper
permissions to create a database.  I'm assuming this is on your own server,
because things get wacky if you don't have complete access to your MySQL
database through shell access.  Then you have to use an admin type program
(phpMyAdmin for example) to stuff the data/structure into your database.

-- Bradley Miller