System Configuration [Was: Changing IP Addresses]

Jonathan Hale maclaoch at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 12 03:35:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Tony Hammitt <thammitt at kc.rr.com>
Cc: <kclug at kclug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 6:13 PM
Subject: System Configuration [Was: Changing IP Addresses]

> Unfortunately, the whole scheme is going to seem too much like
> the awful windoze registry for some people to accept.  (As if
> _everything_ about M$ is terrible, not just 99.97% of it :).

I agree... call me a heretic... but I kind of like hacking around the
registry...
BTW, before I forget... a little bit unrelated, but... did anybody else read
the article about Subversion in (I believe) Linuxformat this month?
(Brian?)  It's a proposed replacement for CVS that sounds like it tracks
previous versions and will allows better rollbacks... might there be
something in the code for this that could be used for updating and tracking
changes in distros?