The C is dead, long live the C

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Mon Feb 11 00:20:49 CST 2002

>> >http://www.colorforth.com/
>
>> Intriguing. I'll have to look at that further. Obviously an intelligent man
>> with some good ideas. I like the idea of color-based source. I wonder how
>> that could be extended.
>
>   Color-based source is an idiotic idea.  Right off the bat, what do you do
> with red-green color blindness?  B/W printers?  Using color to highlight
> information that's already being conveyed in some other way (italics, bold,
> underlining, shaded background?) is fine, but color can't be the only
> method.

A free operating system is an idiotic idea. Right off the bat, how do you
think programmers will work on it? At nighttime? People need to make a
living! Plus, even if it succeeded, it would destabilize the economy by
undercutting the legitimate operating systems, built by professionals who
know what they're doing. Free operating systems are toys for children, not
mission-critical enterprise operations...

</sarcasm> In other words,

I propose we move beyond the point of calling creativity idiotic.

-Jared