System Configuration [Was: Changing IP Addresses]

Tony Hammitt tony at speedscript.com
Wed Feb 6 15:44:20 CST 2002

Ya, maybe next meeting.  I may be able to go then, too.

The biggest problem is going to be writing the code to translate
the old configuration files into the new format.  We'll have to
ship a whole shitload of translation programs so people can get
up and running with their old configs.  Not to mention having to
add the parser to all of the system programs and applications.
Some of the code is "obscure".  We'd need significant buy-in from
most of the maintainers, which could be pretty hard to come by.

But it would really help make the system easier to configure and
to write tools that modify the settings.  So I still think that
it would be worth the effort.

Well, I should get back to work.

Later,
	Tony