Tridirectional standard

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Wed Feb 6 14:31:22 CST 2002

Seeing the point that we do not want to emulate Microsoft's top-down or any other rigid standards
approach, yet also hearing the validity of a way to make it easier for programs to
install/uninstall without disturbing the peace of the rest of the system, and also hearing that a
bi-directional standard would ease this, we have found ourselves with a trilemma.

The way out is to build a standard which is really open-ended. Perhaps nothing like it exists now.
What we need is a bi-directional standard, maybe a tri-directional standard, which is really fluid,
and probably invented by Larry Wall.

$.015 (half a cent short of a full brick)

-Jared