Changing IP Addresses

Joshua Bergland kclug at mrj412.com
Mon Feb 4 17:43:27 CST 2002

There are definitely atleast two camps in the Linux world, those that
want a much better desktop and user friendly OS, and one that wants a
higly configurable and flexible OS. I think the ability to dig into a
text file and change your settings by editing a couple of lines is
great, and I do that all the time. I'm not intimdated by this at all,
and the HowTo's are a wonderful resource.

I just don't buy the argument that making Linux user friendly will
hinder the OS. It boggles my mind why there is a debate over whether GUI
tools are necessary, of course they are. I think that us technical
people who get this stuff enjoy digging into the OS and find it not to
be that difficult.

Unless things change, I can't forsee Linux ever pentrating the desktop
market. Of course, this may not be a goal of Linux either...

Josh Bergland