Gentoo n00b help

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Tue Dec 31 18:13:52 CST 2002

Didn't look to hard...

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-install.xml

22.Final Network Configuration

Edit the /etc/conf.d/net script to get your network configured for your first
boot:

Code listing 22.2: Boottime Network Configuration

# nano -w /etc/conf.d/net
# rc-update add net.eth0 default

If you have multiple network cards you need to create additional net.ethx
scripts for each one (x = 1, 2, ...):

Code listing 22.3: Multiple Network Interfaces

# cd /etc/init.d
# cp net.eth0 net.ethx
# rc-update add net.ethx default