Nvidia Drivers...

Rich Edelman rcedelman at comcast.net
Sat Dec 28 16:37:19 CST 2002

This won't solve your problem, but you may want to consider sticking to the
3xxx release of the nvidia drivers for now. The Gentoo boards are scoured
with posts about the 4191 drivers having some performance problems in 2D
mode, although 3D performance seems to have gotten better.

Apparently, the X implementation of some routines wasn't good enough for
nvidia, so they decided to do those themselves and didn't quite get it right
either. They say it'll be fixed in the next release, though.

Just tossing you a heads up,
Rich