"verify" in RPM returns problem files in nearly 60 packages after new install

Harrison harr986 at zubee.com
Tue Dec 24 17:51:46 CST 2002

I installed Mandrake9.0 earlier this week the install seemed to go well. However, after discovering
that my modem wasn't working (because of unidentified serial port, ttyS*) I tried to run setserial.
I then discovered that setserial and isapnptools weren't installed. I then decided to check all my
installed packages with gnorpm. As well as the two missing packages mentioned nearly 60 packages
had file problem files. "verify"  showed problems with these files ranged from md5sum, to
modification time, to file size, to file mode, to group.

Can anyone tell me if I should reinstall the packages with the file problems. If so should I use
the --force option with the rpm install.
thanks
David Harrison