Editing menus in RedHat 8.0

Steven Elling ellings at kcnet.com
Tue Dec 24 00:56:43 CST 2002

On Monday 23 December 2002 14:44, JJ Watson wrote:
> Of course, I can create a desktop link to it or run from terminal, but it
> would be nice to have the menu point to the correct version. Anyone know
> how to edit the RH menus?

I seem to remember on an older version of RedHat there were a set of menu
configuration files (under /etc/ maybe?) that defined the menus in
Gnome(?).  You would edit these files and then run update-menu (or
something similar) to regenerate the Gnome menus.  Sorry I cannot be more
specific.  I haven't used RedHat for 2+ years.