Editing menus in RedHat 8.0

Jim Herrmann jimh at itdepends.com
Mon Dec 23 22:57:52 CST 2002

JJ Watson wrote:
> I installed Mozilla 1.2.1 on Red Hat 8.0. It wanted to install in /usr/local/mozilla, but the
previous version I had (1.0.1) was installed by Red Hat in /usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.1. The problem is
this: Main menu (gnome) > internet > web browser points to the old version of Mozilla, but I don't
know how/where to edit this link to point to the new version. Of course, I can create a desktop
link to it or run from terminal, but it would be nice to have the menu point to the correct
version. Anyone know how to edit the RH menus?

I just did this in Mandrake 9.0.  I used MenuDrake to change the path to
the command each place it occurs in my menu structure.  It updates all
the menu systems in all the installed environments (KDE, Gnome, IceWM,
Blackbox, etc.).  Perhaps there is something similar in Red Hat.  Let us
know if you find it.

Peace,
Jim