IE accounts for 95% of browsers

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Fri Dec 20 15:16:31 CST 2002

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, John Lindinger wrote:

> How do the smarty pants types change their browser to report "Nintendo64" or
> "TimexSinclair" or "None of your business"?

I need to change my reported browser string.  I thought I was the only one
who returned TimexSinclair.  Or maybe that was me.

Many people use junkbuster to do this.  The configuration file lets me
change what is reported, if I want to exchange cookies and to whom, what
sites shall not send popups, etc.  It is a proxy that filteres junk and
makes my surfing experience clean and refreshing.

http://www.junkbuster.com

It is fairly easy to set up and maintain.  I wouldn't use the internet
without it.

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.net                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150