sox

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Tue Dec 17 13:40:43 CST 2002

I am running Mandrake 8.2 and have a SoundBlaster Live! card that works
wonderfully for everything except recording from the line in jack.  I have
made sure that the mixer is set to the line in jack for recording.  I don't
have any problem using sox to play wav files, but when I try and record from
/dev/dsp, nothing happens.  That process locks up and I have to kill -9 it.
I have also tried Audacity and Cinelerra to record audio, all with the same
results.  Can anyone who has had a similar experience give me a bit of help?
I am using OSS for sound.

Thanks,
Gene