error opening shadow group file

Brad Crotchett brad at ispn.net
Mon Dec 9 17:06:45 CST 2002

I am still stuck on this problem.  I can open all of the user files in
/etc (passwd, shadow, shadow-, group, gshadow, group-, and gshadow-),
but when I try to save something to gshadow it tells me that it is a
read only file.

The system will not allow me to change any permissions on gshadow, nor
will it let me delete it to remake the file.  I have searched the web
and found nothing that resembles my problem.

I cannot see where any process is using the file (fuser).

Thoughts?