local linux education

Gary Hildebrand ghldbrd at ccp.com
Mon Dec 9 16:24:14 CST 2002

I'm in the market for an introductory course on Linux SysAdmin, which is
the needle in the Microsoft haystack.  Eventual goal is RHCE or
equivalent, but first things first . . . .

I'm a Linux user, with virtually NO Microslop experience (in other words
no bad habits to unlearn).  I'm comfortable with the physical aspects of
PC's, having built my own systems, and dabbling in the Amiga world.  I
just need a structured approach to Linux basics; a boost up to the
bottom rung of the ladder.

Outside of corporations from out of state puttting on intensive 3-5 day
seminars, are there any community colleges within an hour's drive of
KC/Topeka/St. Joseph that have such a program?  Last one I knew of was
KCKCC, but the instructor left!!!!

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO