Cluster update

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Mon Dec 9 15:23:14 CST 2002

Just a thought:

It occurred to me that some industrious hacker could decide that our little
cluster would be a great place to launch a DOS or other attack from, all in
the name of "testing his software".  A properly coded multi-threaded
beastie running on a cluster could be a powerful attack tool indeed, not to
mention that it could probably get us all in a load of trouble in today's
litigious environment.

In that light , what I think would be best would be to have it queue up the
test, run it, and then just email the results to the person that initiated
the test, leaving the test to run in a "closed" environment.

- Kevin