Mozilla troubles - www.goldcomics.com

John Lindinger jilindi at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 9 04:49:54 CST 2002

I have RH 7.2 that is routinely updated via RedHat Network, so my Mozilla browser is at
version 1.0.1 and work quite well.

At the www.goldcomics.com site, those eight buttons at the top are broken, remaining
white and unresponsive to a mouse over, ecept that my curser changes from arrow to
finger. If I click, I get a pop=up message about needing an appropriate pluggin to run
"application/x-java-vm".  The browser does not lockup or malfunction in any way.

In MSIE 5.5 it all works just fine.

John L.

--- Robert Kennedy <erwin_k_r at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> While everyone's got their Mozilla thinking caps on
> let me toss this problem out there.
>
> I'm a regular at www.goldcomics.com. I even buy the
> CD's to help support the site. The owner is an MCSE,
> or whatever you call a Redmond Guru, but I and others
> have talked him out of most of the non-Standards he's
> put up. He really does listen.
>
> At home I run Suse 7.3 with the Build 000000 of
> Mozilla that came with it. I have installed the Flash
> & Realmedia plugins, but otherwise the install is
> stock. Mozilla handled the site fine until about ten
> days ago.
>
> Shawn announced an update with a direct link in his
> email. I used that and read most of the new material
> without problems. Later I went there from my favorites
> list. A yes-no request to install an XXX-java-vm came
> up and Mozilla shut down completely, taking some open
> pages with it.
>
> I went there with Konqueror. The top of the screen is
> littered with little boxes that read "loading applet."
> The rest of the pages functions as it should.
>
> Will somebody with Mozilla please give
> www.goldcomics.com a look and see if this happens to
> you. I'd like to have any input possible before I take
> this up with the owner.
>
> Suggestions are always welcome.
>
> Best,
> Bob Kennedy