Software Push

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Thu Dec 5 22:44:28 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Fowler" <jfowler at westrope.com>

> ZENworks is very powerful and there really is nothing that
> can compete with it.

I don't know enough people who have used it, and the current MS SMS suite,
and the CA suite to make a fair comparison, but the promotional literature
for the CA package certainly makes it out to be ZEN's equal, and I know they
got the idea for the handheld edition from a UNIX package that's been
available for several years, so I've got to take your assessment with a
grain of salt.  I know our company evaluated more than one package and
selected MS SMS, and I don't see a big market swing to SMS among companies
that did not already have Novell somewhere in their system.