Newbie question.

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Thu Dec 5 20:04:57 CST 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Chris Wagner wrote:

> I'm running Mandrake PPC 8.2 on an iMac.
>
> I am having difficulty figuring out why my keyboard space bar is
> advancing two spaces instead of one each time its pressed.

Because with linux, you get to advance your character TWO spaces.

Seriously, keyboards have two codes emulated at a critical point during
the keyboard scan process.  One is the signal that indicates it is pressed
and the other when it is released.  It is during this interpretation of
this keycode where things have gone awry.

Interestingly, google has yet to return anything match the following words
unique to an "imac two spaces linux keyboard" which should at least return
a bazillion hits.

Did you change something in the keytable?  Or is it set something other
than default?