Novell software 4 or 5

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Thu Dec 5 18:44:35 CST 2002

I'm sorry, but your looking at Novell as what they were 10 years ago. Yes if the
company is using older Netware versions (3.12, 4.11, 5) I would agree. Novell,
like any other company out there keeps on the R&D and they do push out new
releases with new features and advancements. One thing you can't dispute is that
Novell has always been stable and secure when properly configured on reliable
hardware. Not as stable as Linux, but I would argue its probably more secure.
When's the last time you heard about a Novell security bug that puts all their
systems at risk? How many Netware viruses are out there that can bring your
network to a screeching halt? I respect your opinion and you may not like Novell
for personal reasons, that's fine. However, use good judgment and check your
facts. If your basing your opinion on what Novell used to be, stop and take an
unbiased look at what they are today. I remember I had this argument with you
way, way, way back and I'm not getting into it again. Lets just agree to
disagree and leave it at that. Besides discussing Novell on a Linux list is too
far off topic, so lets move on.