Reading DOC files

Bill Cavalieri bcavalieri at gekl.net
Tue Dec 3 21:09:40 CST 2002

I use StarOffice 6.0 (free for schools for $75) you can also use
OpenOffice 1.0 (free), and I'm able to read 99% of the docs sent to me.

I setup Mozilla to use Star as the application for rtf and docs and
Mozilla auto launches it when needed.

Star/Open Office is not like Star Office 5.2, it much faster.

Another alternative is Abiword, but I have found it not quite at good at
importing doc files as star/open.

-Bill