Medion - details

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Tue Dec 3 04:32:26 CST 2002

I'm still researching my next computer purchase.  I finally wound up doing a google search on the
Medion system available at Aldi, and found *LOTS* of info, including ZD reviews, although most of
it is in german.  The ZD-Net review can be found here:
http://produkte.zdnet.de/test/51/2/2268.html

and even reading through the german, it's possible to determine details about the system, for
instance:

"Auch beim Chipsatz macht man einen Kompromiss: Der Sis648, hier auf einem OEM-Board von MSI, hilft
ganz klar, den niedrigen Preis trotz der Ausstattung zu halten."

Or what I take to mean: OEM MSI motherboard with SIS 648 chipset.  There's lot of other details in
this and other reviews available online.  Brush up on your german, or a quick pass through
babelfish, and you should have all the info you need.

It also looks like the $899 US price is a fair bit below what our oversees cousins have to pony up
(1199 Euro), unless something drastic happened to the exchange rate over the weekend.  :)

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net