Sound Problem

Will Howard willhoward at gbronline.com
Mon Dec 2 23:49:41 CST 2002

Eric and All,

I received several replies and started with the easiest one first. Duane
Attaway had suggested that I enter the following command as root:

/sbin/modprobe opl3sa2

It worked . I had sound.

Now I am working on smb shares so that I can connect with the family
computers that are running Win98. I don't even know what questions to ask
yet.

I just set up my home network a month or so ago. I had connected a few Win98
computers at work in a p2p network for our residents to use and learn on. I
use it primarily for printer sharing so that my son can print his homework
from his room on our printer.

Thanks again for the help,
Will Howard