Aldis A. Tuck dlegion at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 02:55:07 CDT 2002

Greetings,
I have a 3comm built into the motherboard of this 1996
model dell.  Im running corel linux on it(kernel
2.2.16) and it did not detect the network from install
so I want to try to install the module manually.

First I did a modprobe -c, it pulled out a list of
modules i guess, anyway i saw something that said eth0
off.
I guess that means there is no network card installed?

Now, do I need to install a module before it can be
loaded or is loading it installing it aswell?

When I do modconf; it takes me through my choices of
mods to install, I choose a 3c509 and then it takes me
back to the first screen then I exit.
If I run modprobe again I still see that it is only
showing eth0 off.  If I do modprobe 3c509 it says
init_module device or resource busy and insmod 3c509
says the same thing.

Anyway I'm lost, thanks for reading(I'm a crybaby when
I don't get my way)lol.

Kind regards,