software to page me

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Wed Aug 21 19:22:46 CDT 2002

I have(had?) a Sprint PCS phone with web browser and would use a web-based
account Sprint offered for my email. That email was accessible by phone
web browser when I was out or by web browser when I was home (Hotmail
style). It'd set off my choice of alarms when I got new mail and send me a
copy of the subject line so I could see if it was important. Very useful
for watching servers.

It was also really good for PayPal. I would be notified automaticlly if
someone paid me and could even pay other people, ask someone to pay me,
check my balance, etc directly from the phone. Coupled with the PayPal
debit card that let me shop in the real world it was very good management
of my money.

Sadly, where I live now Sprint has no service and since I have no home
phone I don't seem able to get any other cell phone. What a pain. :(

Don't dream it. Be it.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org/projects/