OT:Appleworks Help

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Wed Aug 21 14:03:38 CDT 2002

Appleworks on the IIe was a great program - features that even this day
aren't available in office packages.

It was passed around, and eventually bought by Microsoft, which produced
Microsoft Works, and then went back and created an updated, graphical
program for the Mac.  It really bears little resemblance to the original
software, except that the interface is that you open the suite, then choose
the word processor or spreadsheet program, rather than opening the program
you want directly.