I.L.U.G Proposal

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Tue Aug 20 18:47:01 CDT 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Michael wrote:

> This may sound stupid but what part of compiling the kernel gives you
> trouble? It's pretty much point and click. Heck you can even use the
> 'adventure game' toy to configure the kernel. ;)

If anyone needs any help compiling a kernel, even for exotic purposes,
just ask.  The kernel is perhaps the most exciting code on a computer,
since it connects directly to hardware.  I'm one of those people who have
a hard time figuring out desktop software, but I find low level drivers
and kernel issues are a joy to work with.