beginner C++

JD Runyan jrunyan.lists at dms.nwcg.gov
Thu Aug 15 21:04:30 CDT 2002

All Brian says is true, but the answer to your question is yes, and no.
There are many APIs for doing those things.  You should learn at least
one, but be familiar with the others.  IF you are only writing new code,
the one is probably fine, but if you are maintaining code written by
others, you will need to understand them.  I must add the caveat that I
read C as C/C++.  If you only mean C, then no you don't have classes,
you only have libraries.  You don't have any of your familiar OOP
structures.  I would suggest you learn C++, and keep in mind that C++
does not enforce OOP styles, but accepts them.

--
Jason D. Runyan
USDA NITC KC