What a bunch of crap!

Mark Hutchings desynergy at onebox.com
Thu Aug 15 03:58:57 CDT 2002

This is off topic but I wanted to share with you how much Verisign sucks.
 I've been waiting for a domain name since about October of 2001 in which
it expired in October of 2001.  So I called up Verisign and got some
guy that could hardly speak english.  Their "domain name technical support"
are totally clueless on when Verisign is going to release a domain name.
 So they suggest I use a service called SnapNames.Com which does a whois
all the time, and when a domain name is available, it'll automatically
register the domain to you.  Seemed like $69.95 was well worth it. Since
last October I called Verisign several times. "Why has Verisign released
domain names that expired a few months ago, but the one I want that expired
last October is still being held by you guys?" Of course no one could
give me an answer.  Well tonight SnapNames sends me my warning email
saying that the domain record has chaged.  I'm thinking "Great!  I finally
got it!" Guess what, someone from Verisign (Jacobs, Matthew  (MJ3156)
mjacobs at VERISIGN.COM)) gets the domain for the next 2 years and points
it to 1436.LAME-DELEGATION.ORG before it was even released by Verisign!

--
Mark Hutchings
desynergy at onebox.com - email