kcwireless and roadrunner

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Mon Aug 12 15:47:16 CDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, DCT Jared Smith wrote:

> Cross-post here:
>
> A member of the local kcwireless group received a cease and
> desist letter from Time Warner, part of a growing national trend.
>
> They're discussing alternate solutions right now. If any one has
> a T1, or a portion thereof, now would be a good time to make it
> available.

Once I did some price checking for how much a good setup would cost. I
believe the name of the service they are looking for is "resellable
bandwidth.

Or find a fellow enthusiast who wouldn't mind sharing such a setup.
Before I moved back to KC, a friend of mine who was an officer at a major
ISP encouraged wireless networks.  The fun experience would turn into jobs
and offers for all of those involved.  I'd say shop around by taking
people out to lunch.  The worst that can happen is you will make new
friends at ISP's.