PPPoE to sbc dsl

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Sun Aug 11 14:57:33 CDT 2002

Why do you say that?  I find MRTG to be a generally handy tool, which I
run for a variety of reasons:

- I like pretty pictures ;-)

- While there's typically one external conection on each of these
firewall boxes, I typically monitor at least 4 interfaces on each
firewall:
    1) External interface
    2) VPN Virtual interface
    3) DMZ Interface
    4) Internal interface
    I have some systems with *LOTS* of interfaces...gotta love those
D-Link DFE-570TX Quad-port PCI NIC's!

- While each firewall box is pretty simple by itself, I'm currently
runing *NINE* Dachstein-CD boxes, most of which are inter-connected in a
partial-mesh VPN

...and finally...

- Because I can :-)

You don't have to be an ISP or big corperate site to want bandwidth
graphs...are you telling me you don't run web-stats or any log analysis
on your self-hosted personal web-site?  You do have a self-hosted
personal website, right, I mean this is a linux list, isn't it? :-)

Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net