Power of Linux . . . or any *nix

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Sun Aug 11 01:50:30 CDT 2002

Tonight I had a problem, I had a real estate hosting customer jump ship and
wanted all their image files.  The files were all stored on my NT server.
I needed a quick-n-dirty way to get them locally.  I had my database so I
had it spit out the FTP "get" statement for each file and then turned the
script loose on my local Linux box.  It sucked down all the files for me
(testament to having a high-speed connection and multiple Linux boxes
sitting around) and viola!  Now I'll have a "happy" former custmer and all
my files down in a minimum of time.  (Yea, like I'm not going to bill them
the FULL hour of my time.)

-- Bradley Miller