samba print share issue

mac ten dlegion at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 10 23:53:56 CDT 2002

Greetings,
Im unable to find documentation on this problem im
having.  I have a usb lexmark z23 printer connected as
a local printer to my linux box.  I enabled print
sharing in samba. I can see the printer in network
neighborhood so I went through the connect process
which set up the printer in windows.

Now when I try to print a test page i get a
communication error saying the printer cant
communicate with the computer.

I read some stuff about permissions but i dont think
this is a permission error.  the field for printing to
the following port has this in it lpt1:
(\REIGNLexmarkZ23.

that points to the printer showing in network
neighborhood.  I cant find anything that is helpful so
if someone could address this matter i would be
grateful, or if you could point me to somewhere that
has information on my problem.

Im running mandrake 8.2.

Thanks