samba 2.2.5 as a PDC

Steven Hildreth s_p_hildreth at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 3 01:39:49 CDT 2002

So are you joining the domain from the computer using a script on the
Samba server or are you joining the computer manually?

Here is what I use for my boxes on one of my Samba PDC's:
'add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -s
/bin/false -M %u'

So you are saying that you can join the domain from the workstation, but
then you are not able to login with authenticated login's?

Just trying to help understand.

Regards,
Steven