samba 2.2.5 as a PDC

mike neuliep mike at marauder.illiana.net
Fri Aug 2 19:09:03 CDT 2002

Hello All!  I've installed samba 2.2.5 as a PDC and while win98 & win95 clients
can access the linux/samba shares just fine, w2k clients have problems.
I can make the w2k clients join the domain, but the trust relationship doesn't
stick.  I can see the computer/machine accounts in the smbpasswd file, but the
trust isn't going on.  No luck asking the samba mailing list.  Has anyone out
there ever sucessfully set up samba as a PDC??  If so let me know.

BTW I finally got a job working for Ethan Allen  / Furniture-Pro.  They are
all SCO but I am going to help them become an all Linux based shop and network.
Getting this working properly would be the first step towards getting them to
use all linux.

Thanks in advance!

	Mike Neuliep
	mike at illiana.net