Firewall - Problems

jose sanchez j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 16:22:26 CDT 2002

Hello:

I recently wrote an iptables script to be ran on a
firewall machine. Everything works fine the way I
intended but, if I leave the machine on overnight
(that's what you're supposed to do), the next day I
cannot browse the internet but I can ping, traceroute,
and even chat with yahoo messenger. I order for me to
browse the internet I have to halt the firewall for
about two minutes and power-cycle the cable modem.
This allows me to go back online. Has anyone heard or
experienced something similar?

Thanks in advance.

=====
"An ounce of gold cannot buy an ounce of time."
- Anonymous

www.whmicro.com