how much does career suicide cost?

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Fri Aug 2 05:51:20 CDT 2002

> > > I don't know about you but I'd happily trash my career for
> > > a few million dollars I could put in a mutual fund of some kind.

> > Remind me to never hire you. :=)

> Nevermind the obvious hit for a lack of integrity (hey c'mon, we all
> know David Nicol was joking right?) but to steal a few million dollars
> and risk it all on a mutual fund prolly isn't such a great idea right
> now anyway.  You'll have to go back and steal more!

Heck as long as he shares with the rest of us I doubt many of us would
think any less of him for stealing the money.

I for one have thought of pocketing a little money from almost every
company I've worked for. Not that I'm likely to ever do it but I'll admit
I've thought of it. Watching your boss spend half your yearly salary on
his desk and then complain that he can't afford to pay you more really
pushes you towards the dark side. I once had a boss with curtains made
from real money. Not many dollar bills either.. 20's, 50's, and 100's
mostly. I have nothing against rich people but people who don't share the
wealth with the people actually doing the work annoy me.. and when they
show off I start thinking of ways of parting a fool from his gold.