how much does career suicide cost?

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Fri Aug 2 00:00:32 CDT 2002

At 07:02 PM 8/1/02 -0500, Marvin [GodfatherofSoul] Bellamy wrote:
> BTW, to you
>home owners out there with some business knowledge.  Why is the housing
>market still climbing?  You'd think that the value of housing would drop
>now that fewer people can afford them.

That's the wildcard in this weird economy -- a lot of people are asking
those same questions.  I *thought* I read that existing home sales is down,
while new home sales is still up?  Perhaps I'm wrong . . .

My theory?  (And it can only be called that at best . . . )  I think that
some people are still trading up/out/etc... while the interest rates are
lower.  Why buy someone's used home for $100,000 when you can get a brand
new home for $140,000 and about the same payment that someone 4-5 years ago
had?  That being said, I haven't seen too many new homes that I would want
to pay even $100,000 for.  They are sloppily put together, cheap looking
interior wise, and about as useful as  . . . well you get picture.  I'm
quite happy with my 20 year old house (1982 - hard to fathom . . . ) that
has a nice large driveway and real wood everywhere.  Our home was model
home for this subdivision when it opened up so it has a lot of little neato
(for the time) things to spruce it up

-- Bradley Miller