Linux Jukebox

Becker, Rob Becker at celeritas.com
Thu Aug 1 13:59:31 CDT 2002

If I may suggest and intermediate step to your ripping process, I would rip the wav files from the
cd's, perform volume normalization on them, then encode them in whatever format you prefer (I would
suggest ogg vorbis, learn more here www.vorbis.com )  I have a similar project mostly completed and
I've found that just encoding cd's with no normalization results in music that can drastically
fluxuate in volume.  In my car, this is very troublesome, as it leaves me fiddling with the volume
from song to song.  On a related note, has anyone played with IR remotes and controlling their
computers with them?  I have an ogg vorbis jukebox in my car but currently can use it only as my
own personal radio station.  I would like to use a remote to skip tracks, etc.  Any ideas?
Thanks.
Rob