wireless PCMCIA card

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Thu Aug 1 11:53:45 CDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> From: "Duane Attaway" <dattaway at attaway.net>
>
> > My wpc11 card has an external antenna jack.  It didn't come like that
> > though, but it was pretty easy to modify.
>
> I've seen pictures of your frankencard - you evil genius you.

We need to have an antenna contest.  See who can drive around the city and
pick up the most contact points.

> How's the cheap-workstation project going?

It started out as a cheap workstation.  Then the wireless card.  Then the
160GB hard drive.  The video input card.  I couldn't stop adding stuff to
it.  For 120MHz, these computers sure fly.  It works pretty good, so I
think I'm ready to mirror this to the other drives and give them away.
Shall we raffle these gentoo boxen off at the next meeting?

A few of these now have some odd configurations.  I had an old MFM drive
laying around...