Qt Versions and other rants and questions

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Apr 23 14:14:49 CDT 2002

Strange solution! I just want to be able to run a stable koffice and
cdwriter.
Which BTW isn't working since I don't seem to have the device files that
cdrecord wants.
Do you have cd writing working?
I'm using grub and it looks like I need to add a command line to tell it
that hdd is ide-scsi.
[sigh]
I was hoping Gentoo was going to be smarter than that. Oh well, they
have a nice forum. Go out and search there later.

Any recommendations on GUI CD tool. Installed xcdroast and gcombust.
Was thinking about gtoaster, but not sure if I want to install gnome
pieces. I really prefer having only one desktop to deal with.

Hey Jonathon, thanks for the hint. Cool, you can change the subject! ;')
[ok so I get lazy sometimes, you should see the back yard!]

Brian

> Whatever you do, do NOT symlink the two versions. QT 3.x (and
> as a result, KDE
> 3.x) are NOT binary compatible with KDE 2.2.2/QT 2.3.2 applications.

Thanks for the tip! I wouldn't have tried that anyway. The system is
working so nice now,
I am trying not to do risky things to it. Gentoo ROX! Best install I
have ever had ...
so far. Still not done installing stuff.