sound in Mandrake 8.1

J. Eric Gilliland patzeric at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 15:13:11 CDT 2002

>Has anyone gotten sound to work with Mandrake8.1? I'm
>using the alsa sound modules, but the steps I've used

> on Slackware and Redhat don't work.  I don't have to
> recompile sound support into the kernel, do I?

I'm afraid I can't help much here, my sound has worked
fine from day 1 on my Dell 8100 system.  I never did
anything but install it.  Sorry

Eric

=====
J. Eric Gilliland
patzeric at yahoo.com
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
                                  Henry V Act 4 Scene 3