mouse wierdness

J. Eric Gilliland patzeric at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 14:00:22 CDT 2002

I hope you all had a good weekend.  I wanted to report
some mouse wierdness I experienced.  I am running a
dual boot system with Win XP and Mandrake 8.1.  I have
a Kensington wheel mouse, but I had never been aboe to
get the wheel working. Whenever I used mousedrake the
mouse just freaked and I would have to reinstall the
mouse as a standard PS2 mouse with no wheel support.
Well, yesterday while booting manrake the hardware
detector started and detected my mouse.  I selected
generic PS2 wheel mouse from the list and now the
wheel mouse worked perfectly in linux (which is good,
'cause I need it for Quake 3!).  ANy idea why the
hardware detector waited so long to detect my mouse?
It works now, but I am curious.

Thanks for the time,

Eric Gilliland

=====
J. Eric Gilliland
patzeric at yahoo.com
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
                                  Henry V Act 4 Scene 3